Tax Preparation Assistance
Sponsored by Hudson Valley CA$H Coalition
(New York Counties of Dutchess and Orange)
Hudson Valley C.A.$.H. Coalition (Creating Assets, Savings and Hope) is a group of business, community, education, government, religious, and social organizations dedicated to helping families and individuals in the Hudson Valley save money and improve their financial stability.
Primary members of the Coalition are:
- Hudson Valley Region 211
- AARP Tax-Aide
- Catholic Charities
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Dutchess County Community Action
- Fidelis Care
- Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union
- Marist College
- Mount Saint Mary College
- MVP Healthcare
- North East Community Center
- Orange County Office for the Aging
- RSVP Senior Volunteer Program
- United States Internal Revenue Service
- United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region
- Walden Savings Bank
In its tax preparation program for senior citizens and lower income families, CASH is assisted by the AARP Tax-Aide team. This team with almost 50 years of experience in tax preparation, provides volunteers with training needed to become effective tax preparers.
Last year we assisted with 7,287 tax returns, providing $6,441,766 in tax refunds and credits to families living in towns all across Dutchess and Orange counties. This has an economic impact in our region valued at $9,797,261.