|Hudson Valley CASH Coalition
Dutchess and Orange Counties of New York State
Since 2004, the coalition has been providing free federal and state tax preparation services, along with education and other critical services to our community.
Members: AARP Tax-Aide, Catholic Charities, Cornell Cooperative Extension, DC Community Action Partnership, North East Community Center, United States Internal Revenue Service, and United Way
|Hudson Valley CA$H Coalition (Creating Assets, Savings and Hope) is a group of organizations dedicated to helping families and individuals in the Hudson Valley save money and improve their financial stability. The coalition provides free federal and state tax preparation for taxpayers living in New York counties of Dutchess and Orange. To ensure the quality of the service, tax preparers receive many hours of training and are certified by the IRS. In 2017 over 7289 tax returns were prepared and e-filed in Orange and Dutchess counties.
- To get more information about tax preparation locations in Dutchess and Orange Counties, call 2-1-1 or 800-899-1479 (daily, 9am to 7pm) . You can schedule an appointment at one of the many sites.
- Tax preparation sites are open February 1st until April 15, 2018.
- Get more information (pdf) about free tax preparation service.
- Get ready for your meeting with a tax counselor. Download and print the readiness checklist (pdf) to make sure you have all the important documents for your appointment. More info here.
To help your friends, neighbors and family, tell them about free tax preparation services by:
- Sending an email with a link to this website.
- Download a poster to print and display at your workplace, school, church or in your community. English Spanish
- View links labeled "pdf" using Adobe Reader. Download the free Adobe Reader directly from Adobe's website.
- The Hudson Valley CASH Coalition depends on many volunteers. We are looking for people who have experience preparing their own taxes and will commit to a minimum of 4 hours/week by choosing either daytime, evening or weekend appointment hours. If you are interested in learning more about opportunities for volunteering visit the Hudson Valley CASH Coalition Volunteer Website.
- Visit members' websites: AARP Tax-Aide, Catholic Charities Community Services of Dutchess County, Catholic Charities Community Services of Orange & Sullivan, Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Orange County, Community Action Partnership for Dutchess County, Fidelis Care, Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union, Locust Grove, Maplewood, Marist College, Mount Saint Mary College, MVP Healthcare, North East Community Center, Orange County Office for the Aging, PathStone, Orange County Office for the Aging, RSVP Senior Volunteer Program, United States Internal Revenue Service, United Way Hudson Valley Region 2-1-1, United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region, Walden Savings Bank
- For tax preparation sites outside of Dutchess and Orange Counties, see the tax preparation site locator on the AARP Tax-Aide website.