Summer Volunteer Opportunities
Help stuff and distribute backpacks full of school supplies at Christ Episcopal Church in Poughkeepsie
- Be a United Way Super Hero volunteer during Make a Difference Day, October 28.
- Hudson Valley CA$H seeks volunteers for the FREE tax preparation program for locations throughout the Hudson Valley.
- Distribute bagged breakfasts and lunches with Poughkeepsie Friends on Fridays!
- Become a Volunteer Career Stylist and Help Women Dress to Succeed in the workplace!
- Drivers needed to get seniors in the community to non-emergency medical appointments.
- Help the Alzheimer’s Association with community outreach in the Hudson Valley!
Why? Not only is it a great way to give back, but volunteering is "an effective way to cultivate critical business and leadership skills, such as project management, communication, goal-setting and evaluation," according to a Deloitte survey of Fortune 500 HR Managers.
Last year, we touched the lives of almost 125,000 individuals. To continue to support our Dutchess & Orange communities, we are counting on you. With that in mind, here are a few upcoming opportunities:
To ensure that everyone can find the perfect volunteer opportunity and pay-it-forward, United Way continuously seeks ways to help the community and multiply the positive impact in our region! Together, we foster safer communities, strengthen health and financial stability for families, and increase childhood development through education. However, it is you, the devoted volunteers that make this incredible feat possible!
In addition to the happiness and reward volunteering brings, remember that as a United Way volunteer you are entitled to a special 25% tuition discount from Marist College.