- Make a Difference on Saturday, October 28th with Hudson River Housing and help clean-up Poughkeepsie:
- Light the Night with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society on Saturday, October 21st:
- Help Hudson Valley CA$H Coalition for its FREE tax preparation program at locations throughout the Hudson Valley:
- Deliver groceries to homebound adults across Orange County:
- Lend a helping hand at the Ann Street Community Paint-In on October 21st:
- Help kids across the Hudson Valley learn to read by becoming a Book Buddy:
Through our online volunteer portal, United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region makes it easy for individuals and companies to ensure everyone finds their perfect volunteer "match."
Why? Not only is it a great way to give back, but a new study shows that volunteering provides important health benefits. "Volunteering may "provide a sense of purpose ... while helping maintain social networks that are critical as people age," according to a new study noted in Time Magazine's article, "Why Volunteering is Good for Your Mental Health."
In addition, volunteering is "an effective way to cultivate critical business and leadership skills, such as project management, communication, goal-setting and evaluation," according to a Deloitte survey of Fortune 500 HR Managers.
Last year, we touched the lives of 166,122 individuals. To continue to support our Dutchess & Orange communities, we are counting on you.
To ensure that everyone can find the perfect volunteer opportunity and pay-it-forward, United Way continuously seeks ways to help the community and multiply the positive impact in our region! Together, we foster safer communities, strengthen health and financial stability for families, and increase childhood development through education. However, it is you, the devoted volunteers that make this incredible feat possible!
In addition to the happiness and reward volunteering brings, remember that as a United Way volunteer you are entitled to a special 25% tuition discount from Marist College.
To learn more about other exciting volunteer opportunities, visit volunteer.uwdor.org or call Jazmin Awada at 845-471-1900 ext. 3106.
Thank you for supporting your United Way and our fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community!
Volunteer Rewards include a 25% tuition discount on eligible graduate and adult undergraduate degree programs at Marist College.