Winter 2020/21 and Spring 2021 Internships
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, this position will begin remotely with the possibility of some staggered in office work once it may be safe to do so. A reliable computer, phone, and internet access is a requirement for this role.
As the area's premier impact organization, United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region serves as a catalyst to increase the community's capacity to improve the lives of its citizens. Our aim is to support nonprofits in our region through investing in social change, recruiting and managing volunteers and providing economically disadvantaged individuals with basic necessities, material goods and professional training. We fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community. We pride ourselves in having a culture in which staff, interns and volunteers can voice their ideas.
We have two internship opportunities for Summer 2020 within our Resource Development Department and Marketing Department.
Join us in gaining valuable experience in the non-profit world. Summer Internships are 8-10 hours per week, from end of May until early-mid August (Start and End dates are flexible). Interns can either do one full work day (9am-5pm) or two half days (9am-1pm or 1pm-5pm) each week.
We are looking for candidates for the following two internships:
Donor Stewardship Intern
- This internship will work with the Resource Development Office to further business development.
- This position reports the Development Coordinator, Emily Sassano
- Coordinate signature event logistics
- Research accuracy of information and document updates.
- Thank you phone calls to donors
- Put together Leadership Packets
- Deliver or mail Leadership Packets
- Manage Leadership Society Donor List
- Merge/send acknowledgment letters
- Create and maintain binder of leadership donor and event information
Marketing and Social Media Intern
- Preference will be given to applicants who have access to Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign
- The intern will work within the Marketing Department to promote our brand and social media presence, while developing skills related to marketing, advertising, journalism and public relations.
- This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, Emily Darrow
- Photographing events and uploading photos
- Live tweeting/ instagramming from events, creating content for social media in general
- Creating/ updating flyers and other marketing tools
- Updating the website
- Attending United Way events, and tabling sponsored community events
- Writing articles, letters, and content on promotional tools
- Attending meetings and taking notes
- Prepping for events—printing flyers, gathering marketing tools, putting together other needed materials
- Helping with other community projects
All positions require the following:
- An interest in nonprofit work and developing skills for a career in nonprofit management, business and nonprofit development, and/or marketing and communications.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Driver's License preferred, and access to reliable transportation (mileage reimbursement for work related travel).
- All interns are asked to sign a confidentiality agreement prior to beginning their internship.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which internship you are applying for.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in United Way.