United Way’s Day of Action provides opportunities for volunteers, donors and advocates to be part of solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives. If you want to change lives and communities, stand with United Way by joining us for one of our Day of Action efforts.
Write an encouraging note to a community member!
- United Way will be providing free financial literacy toolkits at meal distribution sites throughout our region, including tips on budgeting during the COVID-19 pandemic. Each kit will have an encouraging note written by a caring community volunteer.
- Students and children are also encouraged to write notes and draw pictures! These will be bundled with a hygiene kit and activity book to be delivered along with a meal to a homebound senior in our community.
Help Provide Food for our Communities at Food Bank of the Hudson Valley
- The Food Bank needs volunteers to help sort box donations. They are taking all of the necessary precautions to make sure it is safe environment for volunteers.
To sign up please contact Dexter Alston at (845) 534-5344 ext. 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region
- For those who were already living paycheck to paycheck, the recent closures have placed added pressure on their already constrained resources. Families are struggling to access food, childcare, and a steady income as hourly jobs close, benefits are suspended, and daycares and schools close. These families need your help now more than ever. From home, you can start an online fundraiser for our Dutchess Orange Community Strong Recovery Fund to help support families in crisis.
In Your Neighborhood
- Call or text your neighbors (especially elderly neighbors) to make sure they’re doing okay. Ask if there is anything that they need (be it a box of tissues or a cup of sugar). If you have what they’re looking for, offer to leave it outside their front door so that they can pick it up without coming in direct contact with you. This is actually a great (and safe) way to make sure that your more vulnerable neighbors have what they need.
Meal Preparation and Delivery
- Volunteers are urgently needed in Dutchess and Orange County to assist with meal preparation and delivery for local families and housebound seniors.
Please contact email@example.com or call 845-471-1900 ext 3106 to find out more information about these opportunities.