CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) COMMUNITY RESOURCE PAGE
Join our Facebook Group to share information: www.facebook.com/groups/docommunitystrongresources/
Dutchess Orange Community Strong! #DCCommunityStrong
Call United Way's free, confidential 24/7/365 helpline 2-1-1 (1-800-899-1479) with your questions about COVID-19 and to find the help you need in this ever, changing environment.
2-1- 1 is a vital service that connects millions of people to help every year. To get expert, caring help, simply call 211 today. 2-1-1 is the most comprehensive source of locally curated social services information in the U.S. and most of Canada. All calls are confidential.
Government Updates • Volunteer Opportunities • Childcare for Essential Personnel • School Meals • Food Pantries • Senior Shopping Venues and Home Delivered Meals • Restaurants Offering Take-Out and Delivery • Utilities • Free Internet • Virtual Conferencing • Employment Opportunities & Unemployment Insurance • Health, Mental Health and Insurance • Public Transportation • Taxes • Scam Alerts • News • Tourism • Nonprofit Resources • Military
- If you have a resource you would like to share and have listed on this page, please click here to fill out the form.
- If you have positions available and a need for workers during this crisis, please fill out this form.
- New York State: COVID-19 hotline (24 hour): 888-364-3065
- Dutchess County
- Duthcess Responds: 845-486-3555
- Orange County: COVID-19 Hotline (9am-5pm): 845-291-2330
UWDOR has opportunities to help your community during this time of need.
Volunteers are urgently needed in Dutchess and Orange County to assist with meal preparation and delivery for local families and housebound seniors. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-330-3458 to find out more information about these opportunities.
We are all practicing social distancing, if you have time to write digital or scanned letters or cards for local seniors who are especially isolated at this time, they can be emailed to email@example.com for distribution to area nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Poughkeepsie & New Windsor
- Healthy Kids Programs announces the opening of emergency childcare programs in New Windsor and Poughkeepsie to provide full day childcare to children of first responders, the medical community and other essential personnel who are needed to deliver critical services but have their children home
- Arlington Central School District
- Beacon City School District
- Dover Union Free School District
- Hyde Park Central Schools
- Millbrook Central School District
- Pawling Central School District
Orange County (from ouboces.org)
- Complete List of Meal Distribution Sites in the Orange-Ulster BOCES Supervisory Area
- Middletown ECSD Meal Distribution Schedule
- Port Jervis CSD
- If you cannot get to a food supply location, call the Orange County Crisis hotline 24-hours a day/7-days a week at 800 832 1200. If necessary, delivery can be arranged.
- Orange County Childcare Council: 845-294-4012
- Community Food Pantries
- Food Pantries & Soup Kitchens
- Beacon Community Kitchen expands hours: now Mon through Saturday 11am-12pm at Tabernacle of Christ Church (483 Main St / 845-831-4653)
- Dutchess County
- Orange County call 845-615-3700 or 845-344-7510
- New York State waives the 7-Day Waiting Period for Unemployment Insurance Benefits for people out of work due to Cornavirus (COVID-19), closures or quarantines.
- United States Bartenders Guild Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
- Restaurant Workers Community Foundation COVID19 COVID19 Relief Fund
- Community Employment Opportunities from Our Partners During COVID-19
- Job Board (Dutchess) - scroll down for postings
- Job Board (Orange)
Drive Through COVID-19 Testing Locations
- Governor Cuomo's FREE Mental Health Hotline: 1-844-863-9314
- Dutchess County Stabilization Center: 845-486-2849
- Orange County
- Guide for Emotionally Supporting Our Children (Dutchess County BOCES)
- Dutchess County Al-Anon Family Groups (zoom meeting information)
- APA Center for Workplace and Mental Health - Working Remotely During COVID-19: Your Mental Health & Well Being
- LGBT Peer Counseling Service: 215-72-8255 - Free telephone counseling for LGBT individuals, their families and friends.
- LGBT Senior Hotline: 1-888-234-7243 - Free telephone warmline for senior LGBT individuals, their families and friends
- NY State of Health, together with the New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS), is making a Special Enrollment Period available to New Yorkers during which eligible individuals will be able to enroll in insurance coverage through NY State of Health, New York’s official health plan Marketplace, and directly through insurers.
Governor Cuomo announced a new directive by the State Department of Financial Services requiring New York health insurers to waive cost sharing associated with testing for novel coronavirus including emergency room, urgent care and office visits. The Governor also announced New Yorkers receiving Medicaid coverage will not be expected to pay a co-pay for any testing related to COVID-19. These actions will help ensure that cost does not serve as a barrier to access to COVID-19 testing for any New Yorker. Currently all COVID-19 tests being conducted at the State's Wadsworth Lab are fully covered.
- Essential Services Under "New York State on Pause"
- Disaster Relief for Small Businesses (SBA)
- Dutchess County Business Notifiction Network
- Tourism Business Information
- Restaurants offering takeout and delivery (Orange)
- HUD's COVID-19 Prevention Response
- Webinar on Philanthropy in the Context of the Pandemic (Center for Disaster Philanthropy)
- Tech Soup and Microsoft's Digital Skill Center for Nonprofits (many courses available for free)
For the 3 AER forms (see links to PDFS below): Just for your situational awareness, HQ AER will accept and consider Exceptions to Policy for eligibility for ARNG and USAR Soldiers on a case-by-case basis when they are experiencing extreme or unusual financial hardship due to a cancelled deployment or the current DoD travel ban.
Assistance requests will be submitted directly to HQ AER IAW the guidelines below.
Again, this is situational awareness for most, and is only directly applicable if you have ARNG and USAR units on your installation.
1. As you know, AER assist ARNG and USAR Soldier who are:
a. Active Guard Reserve (AGR) Soldiers serving in full-time positions under Title 10 U.S.C. for more than 30 consecutive days and their eligible Family members.
b. Members of the Reserve Component of the Army (National Guard and Army Reserve under Title 10 U.S.C) on continuous Active Duty for more than 30 consecutive days and their eligible Family members.
c. RetiredArmy Reserve and National Guard Soldiers receiving Retired pay and their Family members.
2. As a result of COVID-19,AER will assist Non-Title 10 ARNG and USAR Soldiers on a case-by-case basis when they are experiencing extreme or unusual financial hardship due to a cancelled deployment or the current DoD travel ban. Soldiers needing help should submit the attached forms AER Form 770, (Exception to Policy for Eligibility), AER Form 57 (Budget Planning Sheet) and AER Form 575 (Electronic Funds Transfer Authorization)) along with supporting documentation through the first Field Grade Officer or Command Sergeant Major in the chain of command for my review and then forward to AER HQs at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Request your dissemination of this information to subordinate commands as appropriate.
4. Let Ms Monica Staats, Family Readiness Support Assistant (FRSA), 99th Readiness Division (Phone: 910.598.3805, Email: email@example.com) know if you have questions or if there are other specific financial needs your Soldiers and Families are experiencing as a result from the COVID-19. They have the capability to rapidly adjust their operations to meet this evolving situation.
24/7 support or assistance is available at Military One Source 1-800-342-9647 or www.militaryonesource.mil
Army Reserves Family Programs: www.usar.mil/arfp
Helping your Family & Children Cope during the COVID19
Change Direction tools, many of our partners have helpful resources that you may want to check out, please click here for a PDF with links and images.
MilitaryOneSource will also post news and important information on their social media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Be sure to follow them for updates and to hear from others in the community.
The MilitaryOneSource call center remains available 24/7/365 for personalized support. Call 1-800-342-9647 (OCONUS calling options here: https://www.militaryonesource.mil/international-calling-options).
- This can be a demanding time. If you are feeling stressed, counseling services remain available by phone, video and online. To schedule an appointment, call (1-800-342-9647) or live chat (https://livechat.militaryonesourceconnect.org/chat) through the website.
See more newsletters: https://militaryfamilieslearningnetwork.org/networknews/
United Way has established the Dutchess Orange Community Strong Fund for families impacted by COVID-19. For more information, click here.