We are Dutchess Orange Community Strong #DOCommunityStrong.
Click on the links below to go section of interest:
2-1-1 Helpline • Click here to Add Resource • Business Resources • Childcare for Essential Personnel • Crisis Support • Donate • Employment Opportunities, & Unemployment Insurance • Facebook Group • Food Pantries and Meal Delivery • Grants for Specific Workers Impacted by COVID • Health, Mental Health and Insurance • Internet Access (free) • Learning Support for Children • Legal Services • Masks • New Tax Advantage for Donors • Newspaper (free COVID-19 stories) • Nonprofit Resources • Restaurants Offering Take-Out and Delivery • School Meals • Senior Shopping Venues and Home Delivered Meals Utilities • Public Transportation • Scam Alerts • Shine United • Taxes • Tourism • Utilities & Energy Assesment • Veterans and Military • Virtual Conferencing • Volunteer Opportunities
Call United Way's free, confidential 24/7/365 helpline 2-1-1 (1-800-899-1479) with your questions about COVID-19 and to find the help you need in this ever, changing environment.
2-1- 1 is a vital service that connects millions of people to help every year. To get expert, caring help, simply call 211 today. 2-1-1 is the most comprehensive source of locally curated social services information in the U.S. and most of Canada. All calls are confidential.
- If you have a resource you would like to share and have listed on this page, please click here to fill out the form.
- If you have positions available and a need for workers during this crisis, please fill out this form.
- Let's show our support for all our essential frontline workers on Fridays at 8PM. Put a light or candle in front of your house or in your window. Let's #ShineUnited.
- New York State: COVID-19 hotline (24 hour): 888-364-3065
- Dutchess County
- Orange County: COVID-19 Hotline (9am-5pm): 845-291-2330
UWDOR has opportunities to help your community during this time of need. Contact Candace Nicoletti (845-471-1900 ext 3106 or email@example.com) if you have an opportunity you'd like to share or if you're interested in participating in Day of Caring 2020.
- Healthy Kids Program Full Day Childcare in New Windsor and Poughkeepsie for first responders, medical community and other esssential personnel
- Middletown Day Nursery: 845-343-1444 - Offers the children of essential personnel childcare for infants through age 10.
- Noggin Cares (free 90 day access through partnership with United Way)
- Arlington Central School District
- Beacon City School District
- Dover Union Free School District
- Hyde Park Central Schools
- Millbrook Central School District
- Pawling Central School District
Orange County (from ouboces.org)
- Complete List of Meal Distribution Sites in the Orange-Ulster BOCES Supervisory Area
- Middletown ECSD Meal Distribution Schedule
- Port Jervis CSD
- If you cannot get to a food supply location, call the Orange County Crisis hotline 24-hours a day/7-days a week at 800 832 1200. If necessary, delivery can be arranged.
- Orange County Childcare Council: 845-294-4012
- Community Food Pantries
- Food Pantries & Soup Kitchens
- Beacon Community Kitchen expands hours: now Mon through Saturday 11am-12pm at Tabernacle of Christ Church (483 Main St / 845-831-4653)
- Poughkeepsie Food Access Request Form
- #Godgrub: Residents of the Town/City of Poughkeepsie text 845-384-0100 between 9am-3pm with First and Last Name, number of meals
- Seniors in Dutchess County
- Seniors in Orange County call 845-615-3700 or 845-344-7510
- Dutchess County
- Orange County call 845-615-3700 or 845-344-7510
- Resources, networks for cost-saving opportunities through Community Energy Advisors (Cornell Cooperative Ext. DC): 845-677-8223 ext 113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weatherization and EmPower NY Program. See application (PDF). More info: 845-421-6266 or email@example.com.
Weatherization and EmPower NY Program. See Application (PDF). More info: 845-421-6266 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Altice (Optimum): 866-200-9522
- Spectrum: 844-488-8395
- List of Top 10 Free Internet Resources for Students
- Atlassian (free access to cloud tools 10 and under employees)
- Amazon Chime
- Google Hangouts
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams
- New York State waives the 7-Day Waiting Period for Unemployment Insurance Benefits for people out of work due to Cornavirus (COVID-19), closures or quarantines.
- Community Employment Opportunities from Our Partners During COVID-19
- Job Board (Dutchess) - scroll down for postings
- Job Board (Orange)
- CERF+ emergency assistance is available to established artists working in a craft discipline that meet specific eligibility requirements
- United States Bartenders Guild Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
- Restaurant Workers Community Foundation COVID19 COVID19 Relief Fund
Drive Through COVID-19 Testing Locations
- Governor Cuomo's FREE Mental Health Hotline: 1-844-863-9314
- Dutchess County Stabilization Center: 845-486-2849
- Orange County
- Guide for Emotionally Supporting Our Children (Dutchess County BOCES)
- Dutchess County Al-Anon Family Groups (zoom meeting information)
- Guide to Helping Families Cope
- Guide to Helping Children Cope
- APA Center for Workplace and Mental Health - Working Remotely During COVID-19: Your Mental Health & Well Being
- LGBT Peer Counseling Service: 215-72-8255 - Free telephone counseling for LGBT individuals, their families and friends.
- LGBT Senior Hotline: 1-888-234-7243 - Free telephone warmline for senior LGBT individuals, their families and friends
- NY State of Health, together with the New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS), is making a Special Enrollment Period available to New Yorkers during which eligible individuals will be able to enroll in insurance coverage through NY State of Health, New York’s official health plan Marketplace, and directly through insurers.
Governor Cuomo announced a new directive by the State Department of Financial Services requiring New York health insurers to waive cost sharing associated with testing for novel coronavirus including emergency room, urgent care and office visits. The Governor also announced New Yorkers receiving Medicaid coverage will not be expected to pay a co-pay for any testing related to COVID-19. These actions will help ensure that cost does not serve as a barrier to access to COVID-19 testing for any New Yorker. Currently all COVID-19 tests being conducted at the State's Wadsworth Lab are fully covered.
- Join Unshattered sewing circle: Sew your masks at home and either mail them to Unstattered or drop them at their locked collection box: 1064 Rte 82, Hopewell Junction, New York.
- Mask pattern to sew (Unshattered)
- Mask pattern (JoAnn Fabrics)
- Non-sewn mask tutorial
- Catholic Charities of Orange, Sullivan & Ulster (immigration legal services)
- Legal Services of the Hudson Valley (free high-quality counsel in civil matters for low-income individuals and families, and other vulnerable individuals)
- Essential Services Under "New York State on Pause"
- Disaster Relief for Small Businesses (SBA)
- Dutchess County Business Notifiction Network
- Tourism Business Information
- Facebook Grants for Small Businesses
- James Beard Foundation Food & Beverage Industry Relief Fund
- HUD's COVID-19 Prevention Response
- Webinar on Philanthropy in the Context of the Pandemic (Center for Disaster Philanthropy)
- Tech Soup and Microsoft's Digital Skill Center for Nonprofits (many courses available for free)
- University of Albany's Nonprofit University Remote Classes (free during COVID-19 crisis)
- NYCON Resources for Nonprofits
- TechSoup Guide for Nonprofits
- Westcop Supportive Services for Veterans
- New York State Division of Veteran's Services
- New York State Division of Veterans' Services Facebook Page
For the 3 AER forms (see links to PDFS below): Just for your situational awareness, HQ AER will accept and consider Exceptions to Policy for eligibility for ARNG and USAR Soldiers on a case-by-case basis when they are experiencing extreme or unusual financial hardship due to a cancelled deployment or the current DoD travel ban.
Assistance requests will be submitted directly to HQ AER IAW the guidelines below.
Again, this is situational awareness for most, and is only directly applicable if you have ARNG and USAR units on your installation.
1. As you know, AER assist ARNG and USAR Soldier who are:
a. Active Guard Reserve (AGR) Soldiers serving in full-time positions under Title 10 U.S.C. for more than 30 consecutive days and their eligible Family members.
b. Members of the Reserve Component of the Army (National Guard and Army Reserve under Title 10 U.S.C) on continuous Active Duty for more than 30 consecutive days and their eligible Family members.
c. RetiredArmy Reserve and National Guard Soldiers receiving Retired pay and their Family members.
2. As a result of COVID-19,AER will assist Non-Title 10 ARNG and USAR Soldiers on a case-by-case basis when they are experiencing extreme or unusual financial hardship due to a cancelled deployment or the current DoD travel ban. Soldiers needing help should submit the attached forms AER Form 770, (Exception to Policy for Eligibility), AER Form 57 (Budget Planning Sheet) and AER Form 575 (Electronic Funds Transfer Authorization)) along with supporting documentation through the first Field Grade Officer or Command Sergeant Major in the chain of command for my review and then forward to AER HQs at email@example.com
3. Request your dissemination of this information to subordinate commands as appropriate.
4. Let Ms Monica Staats, Family Readiness Support Assistant (FRSA), 99th Readiness Division (Phone: 910.598.3805, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have questions or if there are other specific financial needs your Soldiers and Families are experiencing as a result from the COVID-19. They have the capability to rapidly adjust their operations to meet this evolving situation.
24/7 support or assistance is available at Military One Source 1-800-342-9647 or www.militaryonesource.mil
Army Reserves Family Programs: www.usar.mil/arfp
Helping your Family & Children Cope during the COVID19
Change Direction tools, many of our partners have helpful resources that you may want to check out, please click here for a PDF with links and images.
MilitaryOneSource will also post news and important information on their social media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Be sure to follow them for updates and to hear from others in the community.
The MilitaryOneSource call center remains available 24/7/365 for personalized support. Call 1-800-342-9647 (OCONUS calling options here: https://www.militaryonesource.mil/international-calling-options).
- This can be a demanding time. If you are feeling stressed, counseling services remain available by phone, video and online. To schedule an appointment, call (1-800-342-9647) or live chat (https://livechat.militaryonesourceconnect.org/chat) through the website.
See more newsletters: https://militaryfamilieslearningnetwork.org/networknews/
United Way has established the Dutchess Orange Community Strong Fund for families impacted by COVID-19. For more information, click here.