We are working as fast as we can to help with your disaster damage information.
A slow-moving storm system brought heavy rain across a wide section of New York State earlier this month, flooding streets, prompting dozens of rescues for drivers whose vehicles were stranded on inundated roads, flooding homes and causing at least one death.
Help our neighbors by donating money to support them getting back on their feet.
Click here to donate or create your own fundraiser.
For flooding victims in Orange County there are a few resources available:
- Updated Information: https://www.facebook.com/OrangeCountyEmergencyManagement
- 211 Hotline: https://www.211hudsonvalley.org/
- Team Rubicon & Samaritans Purse are on the scene to help residents with recovery efforts.
- FEMA: (800) 621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585)
- Small Business Administration (SBA): (800) 659-2955
- For Food / Shelter Assistance: American Red Cross, Sacred Heart of Jesus Covenant School (7 Cozzens Avenue, Highland Falls) between the hours Mon-Fri, 9 am - 5 pm and after-hours call 311 or 845-291-3001
- Emergency Repair Grant: Provide emergency repair grants for critical home repairs to homeowners who suffered damage to their primary residence. Apply for funding at www.rupco.org or call (845) 713-4568 ext. 114 for more information.
- Volunteers: Residents interested in volunteering to help the Highland Falls community should contact the American Red Cross at 1-800-REDCROSS
- Consumer Affairs: 845-360-6700
- DSS (Department of Social Services): 845-291-4000
- Health Department: 845-291-2332
- Office for the Aging: 845-615-3700
- Mental Health: 845-291-2600
- Veteran Service Agency: 845-291-2470
- Rupco/New York State Flood Assistance
- Brian Maher Charitable Fund
- AHC Flood Assistance Program
To report damages from the storm click here.