United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region Loaned Executive program is a rewarding opportunity for your organization, your employees and United Way!
During the fall campaign, September through December, United Way calls on its corporate partners to lend their best and brightest employees. After training, Loaned Executives (LE’s) assist United Way staff in sharing the impact of our work. In the midst of COVID-19 we are working on making all necessary adjustments to the program, including modified responsibilities and virtual training, to keep everyone safe. Loaned Executives help keep United Way campaign costs low by maximizing staff and volunteer efforts. In return, United Way provides professional development that focuses directly on executive skill building.
BENEFITS TO THE SPONSORING BUSINESS
• Boost organization visibility in the community
• Employees gain leadership skills
• Meet your corporate social responsibility goals
• Opportunity to impact quality of life in our community
• Loaned Executives and their businesses are recognized in United Way literature, on the United Way website and at events
BENEFITS TO THE EMPLOYEE
• Increase confidence and leadership ability through relationship building
• Enhance interpersonal communication, creative thinking, problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills
• Provide the opportunity to have a direct impact on mobilizing resources to create measurable and lasting change in the community
• Gain a lifetime of valuable community connections and friendships
BENEFITS TO THE COMMUNITY
"The United Way Loaned Executive Program was a really unique and rewarding experience. Serving as a loaned executive through my employer was a great opportunity to address professional and leadership skills, but I also found an immense amount of personal growth in the process. I would encourage anyone looking to engaging with others while serving the needs of the community in which they live in a meaningful and hands on way to consider this opportunity."
Project Manager, Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corp. & Loaned Executive Alumna
• Help identify new business prospects
• Participate in resource development phonathons
• Assist in the coordination of United Way fundraising events
• Attendance at virtual campaign events
ORGANIZATIONS WHO HAVE LOANED EXECUTIVES IN THE PAST:
TO LEARN MORE, CONTACT:
Kristie Hagen, Donor Development Manager
845-471-1900 x3104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org