IS A VIRTUAL CAMPAIGN RIGHT FOR YOUR TEAM?
Virtual communication enables us to stay connected. Your United Way Representative will get you set up with an epledge site and provide fillable pledge forms, so no physical collection will be needed!
EVENTS ARE STILL IMPORTANT
Beyond reaching the fundraising goal, prioritize the donor experience! Elevate your United Way campaign with engaging virtual events that energize your team and boost your chances of success.
MAKE IT EASY TO GIVE
Empower your employees to make a difference and donate during the event. Ready to take your event to the next level? Contact your United Way Representative, Elizabeth Manning at 845-471-1900 ext. 3116 or email@example.com.
KEEP EVERYONE ENGAGED
There are several best ways to keep people engaged, depending on the context and the audience. Here are some general strategies that can help keep people engaged:
- Make it interactive: Boost engagement with interactive elements including polls, surveys, games, and other opportunities for attendee participation
- Use multimedia: Boost engagement by including audiovisual elements including videos, images, and animations to add variety to your presentation
- Keep it short and focused: Attention spans are short, so break up your presentation into focused, shorter segments, each centered on a specific topic or theme
- Use storytelling: Use storytelling to emotionally engage attendees and create a compelling narrative
TYPES OF VIRTUAL EVENTS
Virtual special events have become a critical means of fostering connection and engagement, providing a safe and effective way for people to come together and build community.
Spark excitement and inspire your employees to support your campaign with a captivating virtual kickoff event. Your United Way representative is always ready to co-host or support you in hosting an engaging event that motivates your team.
Here’s an example run of show for your virtual kickoff:
- Share the United Way Campaign Video
- Share a pre-recorded video from your CEO or another leadership member or have them talk live. Pro tip: Have them share why the campaign matters to the company and why your team’s support is more important than ever this year
- Share upcoming events, raffles, incentives and more
- Stand United and make your pledge!
From online auctions and raffles, to virtual classes or lunch ‘n’ learns, special events can be considered the “life of the party.”
There are many virtual events that can be used for workplace fundraising. Here are some examples:
- Virtual silent auction: An online auction can be set up with donated items, experiences or services, and employees can bid on the items to support the fundraising campaign
- Virtual trivia/bingo night: A virtual trivia/bingo night can be hosted where employees can compete with each other and raise funds through donations
- Virtual talent show: Host an online talent show for employees to showcase their talents, with donations accepted to support favorite performers
- Virtual cooking class: Host a virtual cooking class with an expert chef and donation-based attendance
- Virtual fitness challenge: Engage employees with a virtual fitness challenge, such as a sponsored step or walk/run event
- Virtual art exhibition: Employees can showcase their artistic skills like painting, photography, or any other art form, and invite donations from viewers
These are just a few examples of virtual events that can be used for workplace fundraising. The key is to make it engaging, interactive, and fun while keeping the fundraising goals in mind.